From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Centuries: 11th century - 12th century - 13th century
- Canonization of Saint Thomas a Becket, buried at Canterbury
- Construction started on the Leaning tower of Pisa in August
- Castle at Abergavenny was seized by the Welsh.
- Conversion to Christianity of Peter Waldo.
- End of Qiandao era and start of Chunxi era of the Chinese ruler Song Xiao Zong
- End of reign of Polish ruler Boleslaus IV of Poland and start of reign of Casimir II of Poland
- Eleanor of Aquitaine and her sons Richard I of England and Henry the Young King rebelled against her husband, Henry II of England.
- Welsh prince Llywelyn the Great
- Richard of St. Victor
- Belarussiansian nun Euphrosyne of Polatsk, major contributor to Medieval Belarussian Culture.
- Alice, daughter of Italian count Humbert III of Savoy