From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Centuries: 12th century - 13th century - 14th century
- The Sixth Crusade is launched by Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor, after delays due to sickness and an excommunication from Pope Gregory IX.
- Conrad IV of Germany becomes titular King of Jerusalem, with Frederick II as regent.
- Baldwin II becomes emperor of the Latin Empire in Constantinople, with John of Brienne as regent.
- Amadeus IV becomes count of Savoy.
- Aragon - James I King of Aragon and count of Barcelona (reigned from 1213 to 1276)
- Castile - Ferdinand III, the Saint King of Castile and Leon (reigned from 1217 to 1252)
- Navarre - Sancho VII the Strong King of Navarre (reigned from 1194 to 1234)
- Portugal - Afonso II, the Fat, King of Portugal (reigned from 1212 to 1233)
- Venice - Pietro Ziani Doge of Venice (ruled from 1205 to 1229)