From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Centuries: 12th century - 13th century - 14th century
- Shams ad-Din disappears resulting in Jalal Uddin Rumi writing 30,000 verses of poetry about his disappearance.
- Romford, London, England is chartered as a market town.
- Bedlam becomes part of London.
- Thuringian War of Succession begins.
- Ch'in Chiu-Shao publishes the original form of the Chinese remainder theorem.
- Pope Innocent IV sends missionaries to attempt to convert the Mongols.
- Egypt takes control of Jerusalem from the Kharezmians.
- Nijmegen becomes part of Gelderland.
- The Romanesque cathedral of St. Pierre is begun in Beauvais.
- Afonso III succeeds Sancho II as King of Portugal.
- Chang San Feng
- Hugh of Lincoln, supposed victim of blood libel
- Angelo da Clareno, founder of a group of Fraticelli
- Isabelle d'Aragon, wife of Philip III of France
- Possible birthdate of Zhang Sanfeng, a semi-mythical Taoist master