From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Centuries: 14th century - 15th century - 16th century
- December 6 - King Charles VIII marries Anne de Bretagne, thus incorporating Brittany into the kingdom of France.
- A major fire breaks out in Dresden.
- June 28 - Henry VIII, king of England (+ 1547)
- December 24(?) - Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus (+ 1556)
- December 31 - Jacques Cartier, French explorer of Canada (+ 1557)
- Martin Bucer, German Protestant reformer
- Jean Balue, French cardinal, statesman
- William Caxton, first English printer
- John de la Pole, 2nd Duke of Suffolk (b. 1442)