From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Centuries: 15th century - 16th century - 17th century
- June 19 - Battle of Landriano - A French army in Italy under Marshal St. Pol is decisively defeated.
- November 6 - Shipwrecked Spanish conquistador Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca becomes the first known European to set foot on Texas.
- Andrea Doria revolts against the French and establishes the independence of Genoa
- Montenegro gains autonomy under Turk power.
- Maya people drive Spanish Conquistadors out of Yucatán.
- Spain takes direct control of Acapulco.
- Bubonic plague breaks out in England.
- St. George's Chapel in Windsor Castle completed.
- Chateau Fontainebleau in France begun.
- Cardinal Wolsey founds a college at Ipswich.
- Michelangelo Buonarroti begins work on fortifications of Florence.
- Baldassare Castiglione publishes The Book of the Courtier.