From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Centuries: 15th century - 16th century - 17th century
- January 16 - Grand Duke Ivan IV of Muscovy becomes the first Tsar of Russia.
- January 28 - Edward VI succeeds his father Henry VIII as King of England.
- February 20 - Edward VI of England is crowned at Westminster Abbey
- March 31 - Henry II succeeds his father Francis I as King of France
- April 24 - Battle of Mühlberg - Emperor Charles V defeats the forces of the Schmalkaldic League under the Elector John Frederick of Saxony.
- September 10 - Battle of Pinkie. An English army under the Duke of Somerset, Protector of England, defeats a Scottish army under James Hamilton, Earl of Arran, the Regent. The English seized Edinburgh.