From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Centuries: 16th century - 17th century - 18th century
- January 6 - The fifth monarchy men unsuccessfully attempt to seize control of London.
- April 23 - King Charles II of England, Scotland, Ireland crowned in Westminster Abbey.This is his second crowning.
- Dutch rule ends in Taiwan.
- First modern bank notes issued in Stockholm Sweden.
- Body of Oliver Cromwell exhumed and subjected to a posthumous execution.
- King Charles II of England marries a Portuguese woman, gets the islands of Bombay as dowry.
Year in topic
- May 27 - Archibald Campbell, Marquess of Argyll, Scottish Covenanter, beheaded