From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Centuries: 17th century - 18th century - 19th century
- January 6 - The Committee of Inquiry on the South Sea Bubble publishes its findings
- February 11 - Sweden and Prussia sign the (2nd Treaty of Stockholm) declaring peace.
- February 29 - Queen Ulrike Eleonora of Sweden resigns.
- The Tuscarora fled North Carolina as a result of European colonisation
- Edmond Halley appointed Astronomer Royal
- The Academia Real da Historia is founded in Lisbon, Portugal
Year in topic
- January 4 - Johann Friedrich Agricola, composer (died 1774)
- May 11 - Karl Friedrich Hieronymus Freiherr von Münchhausen, officer and adventurer (died 1797)
- July 18 - Gilbert White, English naturalist and cleric (died 1793)
- October 4 - Giambattista Piranesi, Italian architect
- December 31 - Bonnie Prince Charlie of Great Britain, later leader of Jacobitism (died 1788)
- Emperor Sakuramachi of Japan