From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Centuries: 17th century - 18th century - 19th century
- February 10 - French and Indian War: The 1763 Treaty of Paris ends the war and France cedes Canada to Great Britain.
- 15 February - the Treaty of Hubertusburg puts an end to the Seven Years' War between Prussia and Austria and their allies
- May 7 - Chief Pontiac begins the "Conspiracy of Pontiac" by attacking British forces at Fort Detroit.
- August 5 - Pontiac's War - Battle of Bushy Run - British forces led by Henry Bouquet defeat Chief Pontiac's Indians at Bushy Run in the Pennsylvania backcountry.
- The Treaty of Paris signed by Great Britain, France and Spain brings an end to the Seven Years' War (also called the French and Indian War in the United States)
- First publication of Bayes' theorem
- Proclamation of 1763
- City of St. Louis Missouri founded
Year in topic
- January 26 - Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, French Field Marshal, later King Charles XIV John of Sweden and Charles III John of Norway
- February 29 - Ann Lee, founder of the United Society of Believers in Christ's Second Appearing ("Shakers")
- March 9 - William Cobbett, journalist and author (+ 1835)
- March 13 - Guillaume Marie Anne Brune, French soldier (+ 1815)
- March 21 - Jean Paul, poet and publicist (+ 1825)
- June 20 - Theobald Wolfe Tone, Irish patriot († 1798)
- June 23 - Josephine de Beauharnais, Empress of France.
- July 17 - John Jacob Astor, entrepreneur (+ 1848)
- December 25 - Claude Chappe, telecommunication pioneer (in semaphore relays).
- December 28 - John Molson, Canadian entrepreneur (+ 1836)
- China - Qianlong Emperor of China, Qing Dynasty (reigned from October 18, 1735 to February 9, 1796)
- France - Louis XV King of France (king from 1715 to 1774)
- Japan - Tokugawa Ieharu (ruled 1760 - 1786)
- Prussia - Frederick II King of Prussia (reigned from 1740 to 1786)
- Sweden - Adolf Frederick of Sweden King of Sweden (reigned from 1751 to 1771)