From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
To help compare different orders of magnitude this page lists lengths between 1 micrometre and 10 micrometre (10-6 and 10-5 m). See also lengths of other orders of magnitude.
- Distances shorter than 1 µm
- 1 µm is equal to:
- 1.55 µm -- Wavelength of light used in optical fibre
- 6 µm -- anthrax spore
- 6-8 µm -- diameter of a human red blood cell
- 7 µm -- diameter of the nucleus of typical eukariotic cell
- 7 µm -- width of strand of spider web 
- 1-10 µm -- diameter of typical bacterium
- approximately 10 µm: size of a fog, mist or cloud water droplet
- Distances longer than 10 µm
External linkConversion Calculator for Units of LENGTH