From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Centuries: 3rd century - 4th century - 5th century
- First Listing of the New Testament by St Athanasius of Alexandria.
- A general assault of Saxons, Irish, and Attacotti combined with a general revolt of the garrison on Hadrian's Wall devastate Roman Britain. Count Theodosius restores order.
- Epiphanius of Salamis becomes bishop of Salamis, Cyprus.
- Roman emperor Valens is baptized by Eudoxius of Antioch.
- Eunomius of Cyzicus is banished to Mauretania for harbouring the usurper Procopius.
- Gratian becomes Augustus under his father Valentinian I.