From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Centuries: 3rd century - 4th century - 5th century
- Beginning of the Northern Wei Dynasty in China when Northern Wei Dao Wu Di becomes its first king (see Northern dynasties)
- Theodosius I concludes peace with Persia, dividing Armenia between them.
- Theodosius I begins to rebuilt St. Paul outside the Walls.
- John Chrysostom becomes a presbyter; he also writes eight homilies "adversus judaeos" ("against the Jews").
- Ambrose of Milan introduces hymn-singing in the Christian church.
- abdicated Emperor Fei of Jin China
- Cyril of Jerusalem, theologian
- Demophilus of Constantinople, Patriarch of Constantinople