From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Alternate uses, see Number 496
- Battle of Tolbiac; Clovis I accepts Catholic baptism at Reims.
- Pope Anastasius II succeeds Gelasius I.
- Possible date for the Battle of Mons Badonicus: Romano-British and Celts led by Arthur defeat an Anglo-Saxon army that may have been led by the bretwalda Aelle of Sussex (the battle may have taken place in AD 500)
- The ruling Tuoba family in the Chinese Northern Wei Dynasty change their family name to Yuan.
- Byzantine Emperor Anastasius I has Euphemius Patriarch of Constantinople deposed, and Macedonius II appointed as his successor. Euphemius is sent into exile.