From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Alternate uses, see Number 70
- The building of the Colosseum starts (approximate date).
- Pliny the Elder served as procurator in Gallia Narbonensis.
- The Roman general and future Roman Emperor, Titus Flavius, destroy the Temple in Jerusalem, leaving erect only the famous Wailing Wall. Rome stations troops in Jerusalem and abolishes the Jewish high priesthood and Sanhedrin. This becomes known as the Fall of Jerusalem.
- Potillius Cerealis puts down the Batavian rebellion of Civilis.
- Frontinus is praetor of Rome.
- Neapolis (Nablus) is founded in Palestine.
- Legio I and Legio IV Macedonica are disbanded.
- Legio II Adiutrix is created.
- Legio V Alaudae and Legio XV Primigeneia are destroyed in the Batavian rebellion.
- Avignon becomes the seat of a bishopric.
- Emperor Domitian, then an imperial prince, marries Domitia Longina
- Hero of Alexandria (approximate date).