From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Alternate uses, see Number 9
- Wang Mang founds the short-lived Xin Dynasty in China (until A.D. 25).
- Illyria is turned into a province after a revolt has been defeated.
- The Rhine River is established as the boundary between the Latin and German speaking worlds with the Roman defeat at the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest.
- Legio II Augusta, Legio XX Valeria Victrix, and Legio XIII Gemina move to Germany to replace Legio XIX and the others destroyed at Teutoberg.
- The Catuvellauni attack the Trinovantes and capture Camulodunum.