From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
1. See quarter days.
2. In the Neopagan wheel of the year, there are eight solar holidays or sabbatss. Of these, four (Yule, Ostara, Midsummer and Mabon) refer to the solstices and equinoxes. The other four fall between these, and are referred to as cross-quarter days.
The cross-quarter days are:
- Imbolc (February 1), -in Ireland, Lá 'le Bríde St Brigid's Day and the first day of Spring,
- Beltane or Beltain (May 1), -in Ireland, Lá Bealtaine and the first day of Summer,
- Lughnasadh or Lammas (August 1), -in Ireland, Lá Lughnasadh or Lúnasa and the first day of Autumn and
- Samhain (November 1), -in Ireland Lá Samhna and the first day of Winter.