From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
In most areas with a five-day working week, Friday is the last workday before the weekend and is therefore viewed as a cause for celebration or relief, leading to the expression TGIF, an acronym for Thank God It's Friday. (That phrase was popularized by a movie during the 1970s.) Friday is also the inspiration for the restaurant, aptly named, TGI Fridays Worldwide. http://www.tgifridays.com
- In the popular rhyme, "Friday's Child is loving and giving".
- In Islam, Friday is the day of public worship in mosques.
- The Jewish Sabbath begins at sunset on Friday and runs until sunset on Saturday.
- Friday was the name of a cannibal, who became the servant of Robinson Crusoe
- Other things named Friday: