From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Sometimes used as a way to describe the number sign
- In computer jargon it is short for hash function, or used as a verb meaning "to apply a hash function", or to refer to data structures based on hash functions, especially associative arrays.
- A slang term for Hashish, a form of Cannabis.
- A food consisting of diced meat and potatoes.
- An informal running race in which "hashers" chase a "rabbit" (lead runner) on an improvised course. This usage is evidenced in a number of (particularly British) athletics clubs such as the Hash House Harriers.