From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Omega has been used as the name for a wide variety of other things, for example:
- A Swiss watch company. It's Speedmaster was the first watch on the The Moon. ()
- The name of the free 16-Bit (Unicode) version of the typesetting system TeX ()
- a fictional character from the television program Doctor Who.
- a Roguelike game ()
- a fatty acid: Omega-3 fatty acid
- Ohm - S-I unit of electrical resistance.
- In computer science, in notation related to Big O notation, also Chaitin's constant.
- Codex Athous Dionysii, an 8th/9th century uncial Greek manuscript of the Gospels on Mount Athos.
- Omega Point, a theory about computing at the end of the universe.