From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Serling hosting The Twilight Zone
Serling graduated from Antioch College in 1950.
Though more famous for his groundbreaking and compelling Twilight Zone series, Serling also hosted the weekly series Night Gallery in the 1970s. Unlike Twilight Zone, the themes of Night Gallery were horror and supernatural.
During his lifetime, Rod Serling received 6 Emmys and his biggest successes in writing include:
- Patterns (1956)
- Requiem for a Heavyweight (1956)
- The Comedian (1957)
- A Town Has Turned to Dust (1958)
- The Twilight Zone (1959 - 1964 television series)
- Night Gallery (1970 - 1973 television series)
- Planet of the Apes (1968 co-written with Michael Wilson)