From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
A Virgin Mary shrine is a shrine marking an apparition or other miracle ascribed to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
The most important shrines are :
- Our Lady of Fatima in Fatima, Portugal
- The Basilica of Guadalupe in Mexico City, Mexico
- The Basilica of Our Lady, Queen of Ireland in Knock, Ireland
- Loreto, Italy
- The Black Madonna of Czestochowa in Czestochowa, Poland
- The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes in Lourdes, France
- The Sanctuary of the Black Virgin of Montserrat, Catalonia
- Our Lady of La Vang in La Vang, Vietnam
- Our Lady of La Salette in La Salette, France
- Our Lady of Walsingham in England