From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Castro is:
- a street in San Francisco, which is best known for being the heart of San Francisco's gay community. See separate entry for Castro Street.
- the immediate area surrounding this street. The neighborhood is also known as Eureka Valley.
- the commonly used name for the Castro Theatre ("I'm going to see "The Women" tonight at the Castro."), a landmark moviehouse that shows a wide variety of films.
- Castro Street Fair
- Castro Theatre
- Corner of 18th St.-Castro
- SF Muni's vintage streetcar turnaround at Market St.-17th St.-Castro
- Castro Street Station, a Muni train station
- Harvey Milk Plaza
- Site of Harvey Milk's Camera Store - 575 Castro St.
- http://www.webcastro.com/castrotour/ - description of the "official" walking tour, an excellent way to get to know the Castro